Policies of counseling services in response to the Coronavirus Outbreak
Dear NTUT faculty and students,
Please read the policies of counseling services in response to the Coronavirus Outbreak.
- If you need to make an appointment for counseling services, please log in to Taipei Tech Portal and make an appointment online (click for more info).
- If you need to contact your case manager, we encourage you to use email and phone calls (find your case manager info here).
To protect each other, please bring and wear your mask at all times when you come to and stay in the office and complete the following procedure below.
Please note: if you have travel history of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, and other infected areas within 14 days, respiratory symptoms, or a fever, Student Counseling Center will not be able to provide you with face-to-face counseling services.
Your case manager will discuss further arrangements with you through email and phone calls (find your case manager info here).
HOW TO STOP THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS
- Protect yourself and others
- Wear a mask when you stay indoors (places like classroom, bus, and subway).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing if you are not wearing a mask.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands.
- Monitor your health more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms.
- Seek medical treatment and rest at home if sick
- Go to a doctor ASAP if you have symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, fever, sore throat.
- If you feel sick, rest at home and reduce face-to-face interaction with others (except going to a doctor).
- Reduce overcrowding
- Consider telecommuting.
- If the train is too packed, wait for the next one.